4 Assistant Section Officer jobs in Press Council of India is notified on 23/12/2020. The scope also includes 1 post for Junior Translation Officer. Interested candidates can find the main features of the notice in this article. Check below for quick information.
- Notification summary
- Job details
- Selection Criteria
- Important dates
- Exam Fees
- Vacancy List
- How to Apply
- Quick Links
1. Notification summary
- Notification for: Press Council of India recruitment 2021
- Job Name: Assistant Section Officer (ASO), Junior Translation Officer (JTO)
- Hiring Organization: The Press Council of India set up under Press Council Act, 1978
- Notification No.: 1/9/2020-PCI (Admin)
- Notification Date: 23/12/2020
2. Job details
- Employment Type: Full time
- Job Location: New Delhi
- Pay grade:
|Assistant Section Officer (ASO)||Group-B Non-Gazetted||Level-6||Rs. 9,300/–34,800/- + Grade pay- Rs. 4,200/-|
|Junior Translation Officer 9JTO)||Group-B Non-Gazetted||Level-6||Rs. 9,300/–34,800/- + Grade pay- Rs. 4,200/-|
- Maximum Age: Max. 30 yrs. (as of 01/02/2021) for Assistant Section officers and 22-30 years for Junior Translation officers.
- Age relaxation: For OBC- 5 years, SC/ST-5 years and PWD- 10 years
- Min Education:
- Assistant Section Officer (ATO)– Candidates seeking Assistant Section officer jobs must hold a Bachelor degree from any recognized university, Master’s degree on any subject is preferable
- Junior Translation Officer (JTO)– Master’s degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi medium and English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level
- Experience: Not required
- Additional: Recognized Diploma or certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice versa or 2 years experience of translation of work from English to Hindi and vice versa in central or state government office
- Regional requirement: Good knowledge in any other Language apart from Hindi and English language
4. Selection Criteria
There will be written exams based on two tests; Objective type and Descriptive type written test. However, the marks and duration will be different for Assistant Section officers and Junior Translation Officers.
|Assistant Section Officer (ATO)||Objective type||200||3 hrs|
|Assistant Section Officer (ATO)||Descriptive type||100||1 hr|
|Junior Translation Officer (JTO)||Objective type||200||2 hrs|
|Junior Translation Officer (JTO)||Descriptive type||200||2 hrs|
The appointments will be made based on the performance in the written exams.
5. Important dates
- Application Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Application End Date: 01/02/2021
- Last Date of Fee Payment: 01/02/2021
- Admit Card Availability Date: To be Notified Soon
- Examination Date and Place: To be Notified Soon
6. Exam Fees
No Exam fee for these posts
7. Vacancy for Asst. Section Officer jobs in Press Council
- Assistant Section Officer (ATO)- 4 posts, GEN- 02, OBC-01, ST-01
- Junior Translation Officer (JTO)- 1 post
Total Posts for Press Council of India Recruitment 2021- 05 nos.
8. How to Apply
The mode of application shall be offline. The candidates must send the filled up forms in registered post. The details are given below;
- All the interested and eligible candidates can download the application form from official website of the Press Council of India.
- Please download the notification from the link below (in our Quick Link section) and read carefully.
- Fill up the form offline as per instructions in the notification.
- Send the filled application form along with copies of all necessary documents to the “The secretary, Press Council of India, Soochna Bhawan, 8 CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003” on or before 01 February 2021.
9. Quick Links
- Notification for Assistant Section Officer jobs: Link
- Notification for Junior Translation Officer: Link
- Official Website: Link
This is the outline of the notified Asst. Section Officer jobs in Press Council. Prepare wisely. Check our Jobs for Master’s qualification page for more related jobs.
With this, we shall conclude this post. Stay tuned!
Wish you all the best!